Application for Import Permit
Guidelines for application of import permit
- Importers wishing to import plants into Dominica must obtain an Application Form from the Plant Protection and Quarantine Office at the Botanic Gardens.
- The Permit must state:
- Country of Origin
- Name of Produce
- Quantity and weight
- Mode of transport
- Expected date of arrival
- Applications must be submitted AT LEAST ONE WEEK prior to arrival of goods
- Imports permits cost EC ten ($10) dollars and is valid for one consignment only
- All agricultural produce imported must be accompanied by a Phytosanitary Certificate form the country of origin of produce
- All produce MUST BE INSPECTED upon arrival by the plant quarantine inspector
- The plant quarantine inspector reserves the right to reject or accept the produce based on its condition
- All imported produce must be pest and disease free, and free from soil
All arriving passengers and importers should contact the VETERINARY UNIT at the Botanical Gardens for information regarding the importation of meat, meat products and live animals.
Note: Agricultural produce imported must be inspected (Plant Protection Act 1986: Section 3).
Application form for Import Permit (PDF 1,277 KB)
Sample permit and submission form (PDF 518 KB)