Agricultural Information and Communication Technology Unit (AICTU)
The mission of the AICTU is to provide rapid access to relevant and reliable agricultural information and facilitate dissemination of same utilizing information and communication interventions ranging from print, video, radio to the internet to improve knowledge and technologies of participants involved in the process of rural and agricultural transformation.
The goals and objectives of the AICTU are:
- To manage the comprehensive collection, organization, storage and dissemination of all information required to meet the objectives of the department.
- To facilitate the development of precision agriculture and efficient land use and farm planning through the utilization of GIS based technology.
- To support the development of a national GIS based disaster preparedness and mitigation strategy.
- To coordinate the development of a national Agricultural Information Management System.
- To provide timely and reliable agricultural information which is retrievable and easily accessed by staff of the department and other users.